Friday, May 9, 2008

Not Doing What It Says On The Tin


Hi all

I haven't blogged much here this week - I've been far too fed up, which isn't much use in a blog that's supposed to be supportive and inspiring, is it? It reminds me of a funny (and true) exchange I had a few years ago when I was looking for some support.

My first winter up here in the chilly north was a real culture shock, and I suffered badly for the first time from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I found on the internet that there was a local support group for sufferers and phoned the local organiser to find out about events and meetings, only to be told that he, the organiser, was a bit down just now and that he might organise something when he felt a bit better!

Not knowing whether to laugh or cry, I decided to laugh, and found, not for the last time in my life, that support networks sometimes have bloody great big holes in them.

No comments: