Monday, April 14, 2008

Surviving alone?


This is a blog dedicated to those of us trying to make sense of lives changed by death or divorce, especially those of us who are in our forties or older. It came about from my own experience of being widowed at 47, in the same month that my only child left home to go to University. It has been difficult - still is - to find a new purpose to my life.

I've been blogging - The View From the Pond, where I muse about living in an existentialist Universe and Two and a Half Acres, where I blog about the nature around me here in the Highlands of Scotland - for nine months and have met many people in the same boat as I am - widowed or divorced, middle-aged, and trying really hard to get on with their lives. Our experiences filter through into our posts on other topics and I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated blog for us to share our problems and our good news, our fears, frustrations and hopes.

No comments: